Blue Ridge Luxury Studios & Bed & Breakfast
Book Now »
We have three Luxuriously Appointed Studio Rooms (Kaka, Bellbird & Tui) with tiled ensuite bathrooms situated in a separate guest lodge from the main house. These are available on a room only or bed and breakfast basis. Email us on email@example.com to enquire about this.
- Our Studios have comfortable king sized beds with feather / down mattress toppers and duvets
- Couches to lounge on
- TV & DVD Player (DVD Library Available)
- Tea and Coffee Provisions plus Home Baking are supplied
- Modern tiled en suite Bathrooms with Powerful Showers
- Heated Floor Tiles
- Towel Warmers
- Fluffy white pure cotton towels and bathrobes
- Luxurious organic lavender toiletries
- Complimentary WIFI internet (recently upgraded)
- Privacy, comfort and warmth in beautiful, relaxing surroundings
- Inobtrusive, but willing hosts who are only too happy to help you to maximise your stay in beautiful Fiordland
What can you expect as a guest?
Your comfort and relaxation is our priority.
We will leave you to relax and enjoy the facilities we provide with respect for your privacy, but if you require anything at all, you only have to ask. We are only too happy to help you.
Breakfast is served from 7 - 9 am (Summer) and 8 - 9.30 am (Winter) and is often a social occasion where guests swap stories and information while tucking into a generous continental plus cooked breakfast.
Local Attractions and Tour Operators
All local tour operators pick up from our door and we offer a complimentary tour booking service. We have plenty of off-street parking and are happy for you to leave your car in our parking area if you are away tramping (hiking) or doing an overnight cruise. We are also happy to on-book accommodation within New Zealand for you.
We highly recommend you take the time to experience the Fiordland film, Ata Whenua (Maori for "Shadowlands", the Maori name for Fiordland), which takes you on an unforgettable journey by helicopter through some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes on earth filmed across extremes of season, climate and terrain.
- Outdoor Hydrotherapy Heated Spa Pool (Available 1st October - 30th April)
- A laundry service is available
- Petanque set available
- Relax on the sunny deck with a glass of wine
- Complimentary wireless internet
- DVD player and TV in room
- DVD movie hire (complimentary)
- Book exchange
- Selection of board games available
- A range of teas, coffees, including ground plunger coffee, along with fresh home baking is provided in guest rooms
Your Hosts – Rebecca & Mike Johnston
New owners - Rebecca & Mike Johnston are excited to be taking over the business from Julia and Phillip Robertson, who have run the B&B for 13 years.
We moved our family to Te Anau from North Otago in 2005 and absolutely love the place! Mike spends his spare time fishing, boating and hunting as do our two teenage sons who also have a passion for rugby and mountain biking. Rebecca also enjoys the outdoors, loves to cook and entertain, and relaxes by reading, walking or gardening. We have a small bichon x dog named Otis who you may see wandering the garden.
We’ve recently purchased the business (September 2016). Mike will continue with his work as a linesman for the local power company, while Rebecca - who has previously worked in the local tourism industry, and as a Teacher’s Aide at the local college will run the B&B full time. She is knowledgeable about the Fiordland area and happy to advise on and book any of the local tours on your behalf.
Here are some links to make this job easier: